Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Final Countdown!

A small part of me hopes that the title of this post will get the song stuck in your head (purely as a means of motivation of course :o)

So.....wedding dress is getting ordered on Saturday.  I already did the shopping with my closest gals and Mom, but I haven't purchased anything yet.  I basically waited until the last minute because I was dreading the dress shopping experience.  Surprisingly, it was pretty painless, some might say even fun (margaritas the size of your head at a gay bar after didn't hurt the experience either).  I didn't even have to dip into the flask provided by one of my oh-so-prepared bridesmaids (see above re: margaritas)!  What I discovered is that wedding dresses make your body look awesome.  All that boning and those cinched waists really truly accentuate the body's best features.  I did find the dress that I'm going to order that first day of shopping, but was hesitant to throw down my money.  I wanted to wait until I was smaller before I ordered the dress for real.

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time.  I have lost five pounds since I went shopping, but I know that is not going to make a huge difference when it comes to sizing.  I have to order my dress this weekend so I can ensure I have enough time for it to fitted and altered if necessary, but I am by no means close to where I want to be for my wedding day.  I know that the dress can be taken in, but I have been toying with the idea of ordering a size smaller than I actually am.  If nothing else, that will be some damn good motivation to make sure the scale keeps going down.

This is the real thing that I have been dreading.  Shopping turned out to be so much fun, but facing the reality of buying a dress that is not the size I want it to be is a little depressing.  I'm running out of time...hence, the final countdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment